Home about Portfolio Contact

February 3, 2011

Happier Days

I always have a hard time looking through Hudson's really young baby pictures. It brings tears to my eyes every time, I miss him being so tiny, but I also love the sweet toddler he is today. When I took this picture I did not realize just how dear it would be to me. I am sharing it as a means of smiling, remembering happier days and wonderful moments. It is hard to look at right now and I can not lie it has left tears stinging my face. I love the place Hudson holds in my PawPaw's heart. Most people know he has never been a baby person, but for whatever reason things were just different with Hudson. My PawPaw adores him and it breaks my heart every day to know that he isn't able to see his Huddy each week. It kills me inside knowing that each time Hudson visits his PawPaw, there is a good chance my PawPaw will no longer remember his sweet face. I know I am not the only person in my family hurting so terribly as we each endure this process. We each handle it differently and I think from this point on I am going to choose to focus on happier days and the moments that I cherish with this man.

This picture was the first time they met. Hudson was approximately 10 days old.

No comments:

Post a Comment