Home about Portfolio Contact

June 30, 2011

New Camera for New Milestones

It has been a while since I posted, but I promise I am still here :)

A couple of weeks ago Huddy practiced throwing with my Canon Rebel XT. Unfortunately, cameras are not built for this type of activity. I dropped it off at the geek squad for repair and they told me it would be a few weeks. June 27th was the anticipated return date, so I called and was told to call back in 2 weeks. This morning I received an unexpected voicemail from the geek squad. It said I had been approved for an exchange and to come in to pick out a comparable model.

I was pretty excited and bummed at the same time. I have a lot of great memories with XT. It had been there through a lot of major milestones and we had found a comfort with one another. The tech informed me it had been "recycled" due to parts no longer being available.

I eagerly awaited to find out what my new camera would be and then felt letdown when I saw that a Nikon had been placed on the sheet. Don't get me wrong, I know Nikon is a great brand. It is as good as Canon in my book, maybe better in a lot of other's books, but I am a Canon girl now. I had also just bought my dream lens a couple of days after the great camera accident.

I kindly asked if I could please get a canon instead since a nikon would not fit my accessories. I was shocked when he said sure and that he would just put what I bought the camera for (3 years ago) plus the tax I paid on a giftcard.

It was at this moment I was happy that Spencer had not made the trip with me. I have no doubt we would have not went home with a camera. I chose the canon T3 to capture the next milestones in my life. I am pretty excited about it and feel like an old dog learning new tricks. The interface is a lot different and overall the updates since 2008 are quite impressive. The first thing I noticed was how much lighter the T3 is vs the XT.

I feel like I am back at square one and ready to take on the adventure of a new camera, plus a new lens. Wish me luck, follow the journey, because I can promise it will be well documented.

It is unfortunate when you realize you must take a picture of your awesome new camera with your letdown of a camera called the droid x.

Camera Love

No comments:

Post a Comment